How To Use Urban Sherpa?
The FIRST STEP in your apartment search is deciding what exactly you want:
- Amenities, etc.
Click on the search tab, and then enter all of your search criteria.
- REVIEW search results and find apartments that seem to be of interest
- At this time prior to viewing the apartment you should review the owner's requirements to make sure you can QUALIFY for the apartment. If you do not think you will qualify by yourself, don't worry often you can use a co-signer or guarantor to help qualify you.
- After finding a listing of interest, CALL the number provided for the owner or super and SCHEDULE a time to view the apartment.
- After viewing the apartment, if you are interested in renting the unit, you should IMMEDIATELY CALL THE OWNER to get an application or download one from Urban Sherpa and compile all the necessary paperwork listed on Urban Sherpa as quickly as possible.(Some owners will take the apartment off the market with only a completed application and application fee, so inquire as to whether this is the case for the apartment in which you are interested).
- After COMPLETING THE APPLICATION and gathering all the necessary paperwork, call the owner and ask them how you should give them the application fee and all the paperwork you now have.
- After SUBMITTING an application, make sure to call the owner daily (unless advised by said owner to do differently) to keep track of the status of your application.
- If your application is APPROVED, call the owner and find out to whom checks are to be made out and schedule a time for the lease signing.
- SIGN THE LEASE, tell the owner how much you love Urban Sherpa, and enjoy you new apartment!
If you have any questions throughout any steps of this process, please give us a call at 212-967-8000. We will be more than glad to assist you.